What should I do when my Medford home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your property – and your loved ones – against the multitude of risks you may face, like burglary, flooding, and fire. Although your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Medford home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be startling, confusing, and could incite panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and adhere to these simple suggestions.
Steps to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Medford Sounds
You never want to be in this situation, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system originally. You’re roused from a deep sleep with the unmistakable blasting of an alarm after a home security component has been triggered. What is your next move?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is pounding. But staying calm is the best way to evaluate what is happening. Avoid the temptation of trying to handle the emergency alone instead permit your monitoring staff and first responders to carry out their job.
- Attend to your family. Your main focus should be your family and moving them out of harm’s way. If you are dealing with a break-in, this might include going to a predetermined safe zone as far from access points as possible. The intruder was probably already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always smart to take extra precaution. If there’s smoke or flames, you ought to vacate your house immediately.
- Grab your phone. Most homeowners keep their phones with them all the time these days, but you might forget to grab it during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring specialists and obtain notifications through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Medford goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts will spring to action. The first move is to confirm your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The procedure they adhere to is dependent on the sort of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is due to a medical situation, one attempt will be made to contact you before help is dispatched. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most common type of event - a monitoring specialist will follow these steps to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to contact you via the touchscreen interface. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t prompt a response, a call is made to your main contact number.
- A second number or first emergency contact is tried next.
- If there is still no answer, area police are sent.
- Your monitoring professionals will attempt to reach you again after emergency personnel are notified.
If you're not in a position to interact with monitoring staff, that’s OK. Assistance will still be deployed even when you're not able to confirm the emergency.
Prepare for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Medford
Get prepared for any crisis with a contemporary home alarm system in Medford from Vivint. Call (541) 697-3284 to start the customization of your home’s security today.