Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Medford smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in full control of your Medford home’s automation and security. See what it can do and check out recommendations to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Medford do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to components with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you can even chat with someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular capability to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote operation with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can carry out:
- Review real-time or saved video streams from all linked cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Medford by programming schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. To illustrate, an open door will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by following the steps above. You will then confirm you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Medford
Even though various users can be entered when your system is installed, you will likely want to add an additional user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote capability, tap email or phone and submit the info to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, simply proceed to the menu, touch users, pick the user you wish to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Medford smart home. Dial (541) 697-3284 to get started.