Daily deliveries have become commonplace for numerous residents due to the emergence of online shopping. You love the ease of having goods left right in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in plain sight are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a real issue, but you have the chance to take action against it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are great tools to dissuade porch pirates, but they give you so much more.
Take a second to see how they work and why they’ll likely be an essential aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Medford video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells give you a great number of innovative features, and the technology continues to progress. You can now implement detection zones, talk to whoever’s on your porch, and get instant alerts whenever an item is delivered.
The easiest way to see how a Medford video doorbell camera works is to look at the many perks it gives you. Take a look at the following features:
- Active deterrents: You can’t get this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading burglary with audible and visual warnings. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You need to see the whole picture, and that should include the faces of visitors at your entry and items on the ground. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- Crystal-clear images any time of day: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the benefit of installing a doorbell camera? Top models will include incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You can enjoy instant notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and deliveries.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody standing at your door? Reciprocal audio allows you to ask what they want. You can even use this handy feature to deter people loitering around your walkway.
- Prevent false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the space to be monitored will allow you to cut down on false alarms caused by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the option to view live and saved video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you are able to access them from the palm of your hand, no matter where you are. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even let you communicate with the individual at your door. These devices have become game-changers in terms of safety and convenience.